A few months back I made a salad with arugula, beets, oranges, avocados and hazelnuts. The combination of beets and hazelnuts was so delicious that I decided to create a quinoa salad using some of the same flavors. The result is a salad that’s as delicious as it is pretty. And let’s not forget, this is a dish you can feel great about eating, because: Beets contain powerful phytonutrients called belatains. Hazelnuts serve up protein, vitamin E and “good fats”. Quinoa provides a complete protein, and is a good source of magnesium.
Quinoa and Beet Salad With Hazelnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quinoa and Beet Salad With Hazelnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup diced roasted beets
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts (or substitute pistachios or almonds)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Quinoa and Beet Salad With Hazelnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place the quinoa and water in a medium saucepan.Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 12 minutes, until you see the rings separate from the kernels of quinoa and it’s tender-crunchy. Set aside and cool.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Eat.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.