Made with fresh pumpkin and hearty carrots, this creamy and filling pumpkin and carrot curry is perfect for fall and so simple to make.
Quick Pumpkin and Carrot Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Quick Pumpkin and Carrot Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
How to Prepare Quick Pumpkin and Carrot Curry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a large saucepan, saute the chopped onion in water until soft and translucent.
- Add in the fresh ginger and garlic and saute another minute or two until fragrant.
- Add in the chili, curry powder, and salt and pepper to taste and stir until the onions are coated in curry powder. After one minute, add in the sliced carrots, cubed pumpkin, coconut milk and pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the pumpkin and carrots to cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Serve over steamed rice.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.