These burritos can be made in under half an hour. But what makes a wet burrito? It’s really just a burrito in an easy enchilada sauce. In our house, burritos are a staple and the sauce takes it to a whole new level of awesome. This is ultimate comfort food! Like turning a burrito into a pasta shell that soaks up a delicious sauce.
Quick and Easy Wet Burritos [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup salsa (I like using pureed red salsas with pureed onions, garlic and cilantro already in it)
- 2 tablespoons adobo seasoning (or equal proportions of onion, garlic, cumin, & Mexican oregano powders)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (or flour, tapioca starch, etc.)
- Chili powder or cayenne pepper to taste (if you like things spicy)
- 1 small pureed zucchini*
- 2 cans of refried pinto beans (or homemade if you have the time!)
- 3 tablespoons canned pureed pumpkin or sweet potato – optional, but I always add a veggie to every recipe I make!
- 6 tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine sauce ingredients on stove top, bring to a boil and simmer
- Taste for desired spice level. If you prefer spicier, add ground chili or cayenne peppers. If it's too spicy, add a little more veggie broth to bring the spice down a notch
- While the sauce is simmering, combine pinto beans with desired veggies, and stir.
- Fold the filling inside the burritos.
- Pour Sauce on the bottom of a 9x13-inch glass pan
- Fill the pan with the burritos and covert them in sauce (spoon over any tortillas that get missed or the tortilla with be crispy instead of soft).
- Top with cheese and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is browned.
- Beans - All