It may be super tempting and convenient to order out from your favorite pizza joint, but what about switching it up a bit and making your own personalized pizza (especially one that could be ready faster than it takes for your takeout pizza to arrive)? My recipe for this vegan and gluten-free individual pizza crust can be mixed together and baked in a matter of minutes! Feel free to get creative and play around with your favorite combination of flours, flavorings, and toppings, or multiply the individual recipe to serve more than one person!
Personal Veggie Pizza and Homemade Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Personal Veggie Pizza and Homemade Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour of choice (toasted quinoa flour, brown rice flour, millet flour, buckwheat flour, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt, garlic powder, oregano, basil (to taste)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce (your favorite or see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups veggies (I used caramelized onions, fresh spinach, and sweet bell peppers)
- Fresh basil, nutritional yeast (to taste)
- 1 25-ounce jar diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
How to Prepare Personal Veggie Pizza and Homemade Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together until a smooth dough is formed (consistency will be like that of a thick batter). Spread dough onto lined baking sheet and form into a round pizza shape. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven. Top crust with desired toppings and bake 10 minutes more, until crisp. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh basil and nutritional yeast, and enjoy!
Feel free to multiply the recipe to serve more than one person! Pizza sauce can be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for longer storage.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.