It’s a handful of ingredients, some brown rice syrup, and takes minimal time and effort. As long as you get the process down you can create countless bar concepts for years to come! What’s also good about these bars? They are packed with healthy omega 3’s that contribute to good cholesterol!
Pumpkin Superfood Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup pumpkin seed
- 1 cup pecans
- 2/3 cup puffed rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, puffed rice cereal, pecans, pumpkin seeds, hemps seeds, chia seeds, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Stir brown rice syrup and pumpkin purée together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Then let the sauce boil for 4-5 minutes, or until it reaches about 260°F, stirring occasionally. (The sauce will bubble up quite a bit, so keep an eye on it.)
- Once it’s ready, removed from heat and add the vanilla, pour it evenly over the nut mixture and immediately stir the mixture until it is evenly coated with the sauce. It hardens quickly, so move fast!
- Quickly transfer the mixture to the lined baking dish, and press it firmly into the dish in an even layer. You can use the bottom of a glass or measuring cup to press it down.
- Let the bars cool for 30 minutes or until they reach room temperature. (speed up this process a bit by placing them in the refrigerator).
- Remove the bars for the paper and cut into desired size.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and heat for 30 seconds, with stirring every 10 seconds until fully melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over bars.
Store in air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Brown Rice