This vegan version of the ever-popular pumpkin spiced latte is made using homemade pumpkin seed milk! The latte is a concoction of the pumpkin seed milk, pumpkin spiced maple simple syrup, and cold brew concentrate. Though this may seem a little involved for a coffee drink, the recipe will make enough for about 4 drinks, so you can keep sipping on PSLs all week long.
Pumpkin Spice Latte With Homemade Pumpkin Seed Milk [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Spice Latte With Homemade Pumpkin Seed Milk [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Pumpkin Seed Milk:
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, soaked for 24 hours
- 2 cups filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
For the Pumpkin Spiced Maple Simple Syrup:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
How to Prepare Pumpkin Spice Latte With Homemade Pumpkin Seed Milk [Vegan, Grain-Free]
To Make the Pumpkin Seed Milk:
- After the pumpkin seeds have soaked, drain and rinse them off. Put them in a blender along with the water and salt and blend away until the seeds have broken down.
- Strain the milk through either a nut milk bag or a few layers of cheesecloth to remove any pulp from the pumpkin seeds. Store the strained liquid (your pumpkin seed milk) in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake well before using. Makes a little more than 2 cups.
To Make the Pumpkin Spiced Maple Simple Syrup:
- Add everything to a small saucepan set over medium-low heat. Whisk it well, then allow it to come to a gentle simmer.
- Let the syrup simmer for 3-5 minutes, then remove it from the heat. Store the syrup in a jar in the refrigerator for up to a week. Shake well before using.
To Make the Pumpkin Spiced Latte:
- Mix equal parts cold brew coffee concentrate and pumpkin seed milk. Then, add in the syrup to taste. 4 ounces each of milk and coffee needs about 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of the syrup.
- To make it frothy, either shake it all together pretty vigorously in a jar or give it a quick blend in the blender before pouring it over ice. You can also do a hot version if you like.
For a Quick and Easy Latte:
- Forgo making the pumpkin spice syrup.
- Combine equal parts cold brew and pumpkin seed milk (or whatever non-dairy milk you have lying around) then add in a good sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and a drizzle of maple syrup. Either shake it all together or blend it before pouring it over ice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 144 | Carbs: 16 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 5 g | Sodium: 136 mg | Sugar: 13 g Calculation not including cold brew concentrate/Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.