Pumpkin rösti with mushroom mayo is the perfect accompaniment to your salad and an excellent burger replacement. Rösti is a Swiss potato fritter; however this vegan version is made from pumpkin and butternut squash! The umami-packed mushroom vegan mayo is the ideal spread for this savory patty.
Pumpkin Rösti With Mushroom Mayo [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Pumpkin Rösti:
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 1 butternut squash, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed flaxseed and 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons herbal salt
- 3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- Coconut oil, for frying
For the Mushroom Mayo:
- 2/5 cup and 1 teaspoon vegan mayonnaise
- 7 ounces of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Salt and pepper
- Stir the flaxseed with the water and let it draw for 10 minutes.
- Mix cooked Hokkaido and butternut squash in a bowl and with rosemary and salt.
- Finally, add the chickpea flour and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a pan up to medium heat.
- Form 12 rösti and fry them in a little coconut oil, approximately 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Place the plate in the oven and bake them for 25 minutes.
- Warm a pan up to medium to high heat and stir the mushrooms on for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, vinegar, and tamari, turn it around, and let it fry until the liquid is evaporated.
- Let the mushrooms cool a little.
- Stir the mushrooms together with mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper.