For a bolder brew that will help wake you up and keep you going, consider pump-kin up the volume with this quick blend! Whether this latte is served hot or cold, sugary coffee shop concoctions just can’t compete. For a more indulgent experience, consider topping off your mug with whipped coconut cream!
Pumpkin Protein Latte [Vegan]
- 1 cup (240 ml) brewed coffee, hot or chilled
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) plain nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup (120 g) pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (30 g) vanilla vegan protein powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- This protein-packed blend can be served either hot or cold, so depending on your preference, either cool down your coffee after brewing or use it right away and heat up your nondairy milk to match. Pour both into your blender along with all the remaining ingredients, adding only 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of maple syrup at first. Thoroughly puree, until the mixture is completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the container with a spatula if any clumps of unblended ingredients cling to the sides.
- Taste the mixture and add the remaining 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup if you’d prefer a sweeter taste.