Making gluten-free and vegan french toast is somewhat of a challenge, but in this case, it isn't! The goopiness of pumpkin replaces the eggs then, each piece of bread is coated in oats to create a crunchy outer layer.
Pumpkin Pie French Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Pie French Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
How to Prepare Pumpkin Pie French Toast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Heat a large skillet over low-medium heat, you don't want the heat too high to avoid burning the oats
- In a shallow bowl, like a pasta bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, almond milk, and vanilla extract until well combined
- Pour some oats out on dinner plate
- Dunk each slice of bread in the pumpkin mixture (each side) and then in the oats to fully coat it. Spray your skillet with non-cook spray and add some butter if desired (makes the edges crisp up more- really delicious)
- Cook each toast until the oats start to turn golden brown, then flip and repeat.
2 batches of the pumpkin mixture makes about 8 slices of french toast.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.