These mini pumpkin pie bites are so good, you might have to stop yourself from devouring the entire plate yourself. A sweet, sticky, pumpkin-y filling make from pumpkin purée, coconut cream, dates, and maple syrup sits in a simple, crumbly pie crust. A sprinkling of candied pecans is like icing on the cake, but a dollop of coconut cream is also recommended. These can make mini pies or a full-sized pie — your choice.
Pumpkin Pie Bites With Caramelized Pecans [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Pie Bites With Caramelized Pecans [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup canola or melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
For the Filling:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Caramelized Pecans:
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar.
How to Prepare Pumpkin Pie Bites With Caramelized Pecans [Vegan]
To Make the Crust:
- Mix everything for the crust together in a bowl. Add the oil in small batches, checking periodically for stickiness. All you really need is for it to hold together.
- Roll it out on a floured board (standard pie crust thickness) and cut into circles, about 2 1/2-inch diameter. Arrange the cut-outs in the bottom of our your pre-sprayed mini-cupcake tin. You don't need to pre-bake these. Just set them aside until you have the pumpkin pie filling ready. See notes for other sizes.
To Make the Filling:
- Mix everything together in a high-speed blender until smooth. Then add approximately 2 tablespoons to each of the dough-lined tins.
To Make the Tarts:
- Bake these for 15 minutes at 350°F, checking often. Your oven may require a little more or less time, but be careful not to overcook.
To Make the Candied Pecans:
- Warm up a skillet with 1/2 cup raw pecans and 2 tablespoons raw sugar. Heat through until caramelized. Then pulse the nuts down in the food processor. Sprinkle and serve.
Makes 24 mini tarts, six tartlets, or one 9-inch tart.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.