If you’re not familiar with a vegan french toast bake, its absolutely seamless! Rather than cooking each piece one at a time you simply soak, let chill overnight and pop in the oven! It’s easier for serving, puts the bites in smaller sizes so no need to cut, and are hands down one of my favorite concepts! What’s fab about this vegan pumpkin french toast bake, is everything! It’s effortless, affordable, has minimal ingredients, a rich pumpkin flavor, packs multiple textures, doesn’t need to be drowned in syrup, perf for fall, perf for entertaining, and tastes better than any french toast––vegan or not (promise).
Pumpkin French Toast Bake [Vegan]
For the Casserole:
- 1/2 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegan egg replacer
- 4 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large loaf of sourdough bread
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl add the vegan eggs with almond milk, whisk, combine and remove any clumps. set aside. in the same bowl add the remaining ingredients: pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with oil. Slice and cube the bread, and place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Pour the mixture evenly over the top. Make sure 95% is covered in the mixture with a few not. Store covered overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven. While baking assemble the crumble topping by combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Once baked for 10-15 minutes, remove, and spread the crumb topping atop the casserole along with and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Serve with coconut whip and syrup if desired.