This curry is flavorful and filling, and perfect for when you're craving something warm for dinner!
Pumpkin Curry [Vegan]
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger or ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon. curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 mild red chili pepper or 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 small pumpkin, skinned and chopped into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 of 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Begin by cutting the pumpkin into quarters, then peel the skin off of the pumpkin before dicing it into smaller pieces.
- Heat the water in a medium saucepan and add the garlic, ginger, and other spices to the hot water until fragrant.
- Add the diced pumpkin and chili pepper and steam while covered for about five minutes.
- Now add the zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, and coconut milk--let simmer for about 10 more minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over quinoa or rice.