This spaghetti uses some Spanish seasonings such as adobo and sazón that gives it a different but flavorful taste. This spaghetti can be made with either traditional, gluten-free or bean pasta and it's super simple to make!
Puerto Rican Style Spaghetti with Vegan Meat Sauce [Vegan]
- 7 oz plant-based ground meat
- 1 tablespoon no salt adobo seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or water
- 2 tablespoons recao or sofrito
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce or tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sazón
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Nutritional yeast for sprinkling (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti noodles in a pot of boiling water as per the instructions on the box. Once it’s cooked, drain the water but keep some of the pasta water and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the plant-based ground meat, adobo and mix it while breaking it down into small crumbles. Set aside.
- Heat a medium sized pot over medium high heat. Add the oil or 2 tablespoons of water, if you don’t want to cook with oil. Add the recao or sofrito, garlic, tomato sauce, sazón and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the crumbled plant-based ground meat, salt and mix together. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Make sure that the plant-based ground meat stays wet and if it starts to dry out add some of the leftover pasta water to moisten it.
- Add the pasta and mix together and sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top and serve.