Can you say summer? This high-protein, nutrient-dense bowl of leafy greens makes the perfect warm-weather meal. Topped with super easy cashew Caesar dressing, this dish is great for parties!
Protein-Packed Chickpea and Kale Caesar Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Protein-Packed Chickpea and Kale Caesar Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Salad:
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- A couple slices of red onion
- A couple of tomatoes
- A few handfuls of lacinato kale, torn into pieces
For the Creamy Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of cashews, soaked
- 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds
- 1 small garlic clove
- A squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Prepare Protein-Packed Chickpea and Kale Caesar Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Chickpeas:
- Use a non-stick pan or a little bit of olive oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Toss your chickpeas and stir-fry them until they are a golden brown, just a couple of minutes.
- Put them in a dish to cool and set aside.
For the Salad:
- While the chickpeas are being roasted, chop up your vegetables as desired for your desired. Take your kale and tear the leaves apart in your hands. It's also recommended to massage them with a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil to further break down the kale and make it easier to chew and digest.
- Once the salad is sorted, put your toasty chickpeas on top of it.
For the Dressing:
- Now that you have your beautiful salad, it's time to prepare the dressing! Drain your cashews and put in the blender with all the other ingredients. You can also add a little bit of water to thin it out if you like. Blend until you reach smooth and creamy consistency.
- Drizzle all over your beautiful and nutritious salad, grab a fork, and dig in!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.