Can you believe you can make this deliciously savory and fragrant red lentil curry dish in just 15 minutes?! It's true. Simply load a pressure cooker up with some coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, red lentils, and some seasoning, and then set up your plate for some good eating. Yum!
Pressure-Cooker Red Lentil Curry [Vegan]
- 1 13.5-ounce can of light coconut milk
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed or chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of dry red lentils
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1/2 of 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- On the stove or in a pressure cooker on sauté setting, dry sauté the onions, garlic, and ginger without oil for 2-4 minutes.
- Proceed to add the remaining ingredients withholding the spinach until the curry is done cooking.
- Place the lid securely on and close the venting spout. Press the manual button and set the timer for 15 minutes.Once the pressure builds, the pressure cooker will begin cooking process.
- Once completed, let the cooker naturally release for an additional 10 minutes or so. Remove the lid and add your spinach. Stir around to wilt.