Try this unique and fun way to use a potato: as a spread! If potatoes on bread seem strange, you should just try it. This spread is super creamy. Incidentally, it tastes best on bread with a crispy crust.
Potato Onion Cheese Spread [Vegan]
- 2 cups of potatoes
- 1 and a half tablespoons of soft vegan butter, eg Alsan
- 1/2 onion, very finely diced
- 1/2 cups oat or soy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped herbs (chives, dill, parsley or a mixture)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- Peel potatoes, dice and cook until soft.
- Stir in a bowl until warm and allow to cool. Then mix well with the butter, onion and oat cream, fold in the herbs and cumin and season with salt.
- Let it pass a little before serving.