Celeriac is one of those magical root vegetables that works perfectly in soup. Like white potatoes, it doesn’t have a strong taste of its own, but it adds subtle flavor and creaminess. Fresh spinach gives this soup a green taste, and the hemp oil adds something really special. Top with fresh macadamia cream for a soup that's rich in texture, yet light in flavor.
Potato, Leek, and Celeriac Soup [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Potato, Leek, and Celeriac Soup [Vegan]
For the Soup:
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 medium-sized celeriac, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup small round potatoes, peeled and cubed
- A handful of spinach
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tablespoon vegan butter
- Salt and pepper
- Hemp oil (optional)
For the Macadamia Cream:
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked
- Coconut vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Potato, Leek, and Celeriac Soup [Vegan]
To Make the Soup:
- In a large pot, sauté the leeks and garlic for 10-15 minutes until the leeks are tender.
- Add the diced celeriac and potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bay leaf, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender or regular blender until smooth.
- Add the spinach and pulse into the soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, drizzle with hemp oil, and top with the macadamia cream.
To Make the Macadamia Cream:
- Blend together the soaked macadamia nuts, a dash of vinegar, salt, and pepper, and start with a splash of water. Continue to add more water until you get the consistency that you want for the cream.
- Potato Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Celiac soup!!!!! Must not have the glutens.