This warm and cozy bake is a guaranteed winner for any family gathering or party. Thinly sliced potatoes and eggplant are slathered in thick coconut cream, layered on one another, topped with bread crumbs and herbs, and then baked in the oven until crispy on top. Creamy and nourishing goodness at its finest!
Potato and Eggplant Bake [Vegan]
For the Bottom Layer:
- 2 medium or large potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 13-ounce can of coconut cream
For the Top Layer:
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Layer the onion, garlic, potatoes, eggplant, and basil leaves in an oven proof dish.
- Pour over coconut cream.
- Mix ingredients of top layer. Sprinkle on the top layer ingredients.
- Bake in the oven at 356°F for one hour. If it starts to brown too much on top, cover with aluminum foil.