This is fast food, and it's real good food too. If you've never had a portobello burger before, your world is about to change. Throw whatever else you want on these bad boys, I know that fresh tomatoes would be epic, as well as some red onion. The textures in this recipe are soooo perfect for each other. You've got the meaty mushroom, the creamy guac, the fresh greens AND the amazing crunchy, savoury, heavenly Hippie Garden Chips.
Raw Portobello Burgers With Collard Greens and Guacamole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 2 portobello mushroom tops
- 1 teaspoon Bragg's liquid aminos or tamari
- 1 cup baby spinach
254 11 22 10 211 5
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 huge collard leaves
- 2 tablespoons tahini
For the Guacamole:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Toss the mushroom tops in the Bragg's or tamari. Set in the dehydrator at 115 degrees (Fahrenheit) - or in your oven at its lowest temperature - for 30 minutes or until they soften and darken a little.
- To make the guacamole: mash the avocado flesh with the lime juice, salt, pepper and chili (if using). Adjust according to taste. Some garlic might be nice.
- Take a mushroom top and spread on some guacamole, then pile with greens and tomatoes. Drizzle in a little tahini if you like, then wrap up in a collard leaf!