Pomegranate arils, pistachios, chocolate, peanut butter and a hint of orange make for an unbelievable flavor combination, perfectly complementing each other. When you bite into this fudge, the juice from pomegranate arils burst open with their natural sweetness, enhancing the flavors of the other ingredients. Seriously, prepare to have this fudge rock your world.
Pomegranate and Pistachio Chocolate Fudge [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut peanut butter or regular creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut butter, packed at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup whole pistachios, shelled
- 2/3 cup fresh pomegranate arils
- 2 teaspoons fresh clementine zest
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper, overlapping on all four sides.
- Combine maple syrup, peanut butter, coconut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and sea salt in a high-powered blender or food processor and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and stir in pistachios, pomegranate arils, and clementine zest. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to pan and spread evenly with a spatula. Use your finger to even it out and make swirls on top. Place in refrigerator for a few hours or until firm. Slice into small squares.
- Store fudge in an airtight container or freeze until ready to use. If storing in freezer, defrost for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.
Recipe makes twenty-four 1x1 inch squares When spreading the fudge in the pan, push the pomegranate arils down with your finger into the fudge. Make it raw by using raw peanut butter, raw pistachios and raw cacao powder.