These plantain tartlets are sure to raise the flavor to the next level at your gathering. Quick, easy and delicious!!
Plantain Tartlets Stuffed With Guacamole [Vegan]
For the tartlets:
- 2 plantains or green bananas
- vegetable oil for frying
For the Filling
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 1 avocado
- juice of half lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- Peel the plantains and cut them into slices.
- Heat a large amount of oil in a frying pan and fry the plantain slices for 30 seconds and drain them.
- To make the tarts we need an oven tray for muffins. With the banana slices cover the bottom and the edges of each mold by smashing them a bit with the fork. Bake the tarts for 5-10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Prepare the filling. Mash the avocado and mix it with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, chopped tomatoes, cilantro and corn.
- Fill the tarts and serve.