These sushi rice stacks are bite-sized, adorable, and super tasty. The rice is tossed in a tangy, vinegar and dragonfruit marinade and then layered with fresh cucumber, avocado, and lemon and finished with some sesame seeds. This is a great recipe to make when you need finger food for a party.
Pink Sushi Rice Avocado Stacks [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Stacks:
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice (prepared according to package instructions)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- A pinch salt
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2-4 individual size seaweed sheets, torn into bite sized pieces
For the Sauce:
- Mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt together and pour them over the cooked rice.
- Now add the defrosted dragonfruit and gently toss it to coat.
- Prepare a large can, measuring cup, or glass container to help mold the shape your stacks. Place container upright on flat plate and hold firmly in place while layering ingredients.
- Press 1/2 cup of cooked rice in the bottom of the container or can. Follow this with 1/2 cup of cucumber,1/2 cup of avocado, and top it with 1/2 teaspoon chopped lemon. Use the back of a spoon to firmly press ingredients down (this will ensure that the sushi stack stays together).
- Gently shake the vessel to remove its contents.
- Top with 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds and serve on top of a sheet of seaweed.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together if you are using the sauce.
- Serve sushi stacks with spicy mayo and or soy sauce and top with scallions.