If you love ginger, you will love this raw pineapple ginger cheesecake. This cheesecake has everything: a crumbly sweet base, a creamy, bright yellow filling and an amazing variety of toppings including coconut and cacao truffles. It's raw, so you don't even have to turn on your oven and the golden pineapple filling is made possible through anti-inflammatory turmeric, which in combination with fresh, spicy ginger forms this magical flavors combination in this wonderful summer dessert.
Pineapple Ginger Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup almonds
For the Filling:
- 2 cup cashew soaked
- 2 cups pineapple
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2-inch piece ginger
- 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
For the Toppings:
- 8 chocolate cacao truffles
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- Fresh mint
- Edible flowers
- Place nuts and dates in a food processor and process until they are to your desired fineness. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect.
- Scoop out crust mixture in a 7-inch springform pan and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout.
- Warm coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat until liquid. Whisk to combine.
- Place all filling ingredients, except for the coconut oil, in the blender and blend on high until very smooth (this may take a couple minutes, so be patient). Add coconut oil and blend again.
- Pour the mixture out onto the crust and smooth with a spatula. Place in freezer for 3 hours.
- To serve, remove from freezer 1 hour prior to eating.
- Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into 8 slices.
- Top with cacao truffles and toppings.