Chia seeds are the powerhouse ingredient in this fragrant spiced doughnut. Not only do they help bind the dough together, they also add a good amount of fiber. Delicious doughnuts that are also good for you? Yes, please!
Gingerbread Chia Doughnuts [Vegan]
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (if you like lots of ginger, add more!)
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice
- 1/3-1/2 cup cane sugar/brown sugar (the amount of sugar depends on your tastes!)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds plus 1 cup filtered water
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Add water to chia seeds and let them sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine milk, sugar, molasses and chia mixture and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Stir the mixture together until just combined and pour into donut pan.
- Bake doughnuts for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted removes clean.