This recipe is perfect for summer and warm weather! It's fresh and delicious, and makes a perfect appetizer to bring to backyard BBQ or a fun compliment to your next cocktail party!
Pineapple Black Bean Salsa [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large pineapple
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons white onion, chopped small
- 1 tablespoons jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, chopped small
- 1 medium sized avocado, chopped small
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped small
- Cut off the top third of the pineapple.
- Hollow out the bottom half, leaving about a 1/2 inch layer of pineapple all the way around as the base for the “bowl”, chop the removed pineapple meat into small pieces.
- Remove the top and the skin from the top third of the pineapple and chop the pineapple meat into small pieces.
- Add the pineapple pieces to a large bowl.
- Add the red pepper, onions, jalapeños, avocado and black beans to the bowl, mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, sea salt and coriander.
- Pour dressing over salsa. Mix to combine.
- Mix in the cilantro.
- Spoon salsa into “pineapple bowl” for serving.