Does this qualify as a weird flavor combination? I'm not entirely sure, but it made sense as I was making it. The results are satisfying - refreshing pineapple, crunchy peppers and earthy ground nuts coated in a sticky-sweet sauce. Serve it up with some brown rice or other grain to complete the meal.
Pineapple and Peanut Stir Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 small pineapple
- 1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 large tomato (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Fresh herbs (chopped, to garnish)
- Take out the pineapple flesh and cut into chunks. Retain any natural juices in a cup and set aside.
- Add the pineapple, chopped tomatoes, peppers and onions to a frying pan and sauté for five minutes, stirring constantly. Add the pineapple juice and stock cube, reduce the heat and simmer for a further five minutes.
- Finally, add the peanut and garnish with some freshly chopped herbs. I used basil here to give it an extra kick.