Pickled tomatoes are the perfect way to use the last of the summer tomato harvest! You can use the salty, tangly veggies in salads or enjoy them as a stand-alone treat.
Pickled Green Tomatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- About 2.2 pounds of green tomatoes
- A piece of horseradish root
- 1 horseradish leaf
- 1 garlic head, crossed across
- 2 dill branches
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons salt
- At the bottom of a large liter, put horseradish leaves and then tomatoes, horseradish root, garlic, dill, and bay leaf.
- In the meantime prepare the brine. Boil water with salt, then add the pepper. When it cools slightly, pour in tomatoes. Turn off the jar and set aside. The tomatoes will be ready to eat in a couple days.