Pickled tomatoes are the perfect way to use the last of the summer tomato harvest! You can use the salty, tangly veggies in salads or enjoy them as a stand-alone treat.
Pickled Green Tomatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pickled Green Tomatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- About 2.2 pounds of green tomatoes
- A piece of horseradish root
- 1 horseradish leaf
- 1 garlic head, crossed across
- 2 dill branches
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons salt
How to Prepare Pickled Green Tomatoes [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- At the bottom of a large liter, put horseradish leaves and then tomatoes, horseradish root, garlic, dill, and bay leaf.
- In the meantime prepare the brine. Boil water with salt, then add the pepper. When it cools slightly, pour in tomatoes. Turn off the jar and set aside. The tomatoes will be ready to eat in a couple days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 322 | Total Carbs: 71 g | Total Fat: 2 g | Total Protein: 14 g | Total Sodium: 10270 g | Total Sugar: 40 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.