A cozy vegan peppermint hot cocoa made in the blender. This easy hot cocoa is sweetened with dates and made creamy with cashews. It’s the perfect nutritious drink to enjoy around the holidays.
Peppermint Hot Cocoa [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Peppermint Hot Cocoa [Vegan]
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2-3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 1/2 tablespoon cocoa, or more to taste
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, to taste
- Small pinch of salt
How To Make Peppermint Hot Cocoa [Vegan]
- Boil your water using a kettle.
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, including the hot water. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. There shouldn't be any noticeable pieces of dates or cashews.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- If your blender is on the weaker side, you may want to soak your cashews overnight or use cashew butter instead (about 1-2 tablespoons). You can also replace the dates with a liquid sweetener or granulated sugar to taste.
- This recipe can easily be adjusted to your taste. Add more peppermint extract, cocoa powder and dates (or other sweetener) for a stronger and sweeter drink
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile