This vegan Pepper Pie is very easy and very light! A variety of colorful peppers flavored with fennel and married with potato (it works as a binder) create an appetizing and very tasty appetizer!
Pepper Pie [Vegan]
- 23 ounces colorful peppers
- 12.3 ounces potatoes
- 4.2 ounces chopped onion
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- .7 ounces chopped fennel
- 5 + 4 basil leaves
- 4 + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper
- phyllo dough
- Boil the potatoes. Strain them and mash them with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the peppers into thin slices. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the peppers and onions.
- When the peppers and onions have cooked down, add the garlic and the fennel and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat when the peppers are soft.
- Pour the mashed potato and the nutritional yeast in the pan and mix well until the ingredients are homogenous.
- Grease the pan and lay the first sheet of phyllo dough. Lightly oil and continue the process. On the fifth sheet stop, empty the filling, and spread it. Continue with the remaining 4 layers.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F until golden brown, about thirty minutes.
- Bell Pepper