This is one of those totally unforgettable meals! This pasta dish is raised to new levels of satisfaction with lip-smackingly good pesto. Not only that, but it is super quick to make, only as long as it takes to boil some pasta in fact.
Penne With Herby Pesto [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/8 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest of one half lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Pasta:
- 2 1/2 cups pasta
- 4 - 5 broccoli florets, steamed
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked
- Soak cashews in 2 cups of filtered water with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a minimum of two hours/up to six hours. Then rinse thoroughly with fresh water. This will increase the digestibility of the nuts and remove any moulds and mycotoxins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and roast nuts for 10 - 15 minutes until dry and crunchy.
- Remove and let cool.
- Place all remaining pesto ingredients into a high-speed food processor and mix until well combined.
- Cook the pasta until al dente and then combine by hand with pesto, broccoli, and chickpeas.
- Serve warm. Also great for a next day lunchbox.