A dense and fluffy pecan banana bread cake topped with a creamy maple yogurt frosting. A perfect recipe for you to use up your ripe bananas that isn't traditional banana bread.
Pecan Banana Bread Cake [Vegan]
For the Banana Bread:
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
For the Maple Yogurt Icing:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. Combine flax seed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth (a few lumps remaining is ok). Add flax egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until smooth. Add flours, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine until a smooth, thick, but pourable batter forms. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes until top is matte and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before topping with icing.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Evenly spread icing over the cake. (Optional): Sprinkle over more chopped pecans. Cut into 12 portions.