Peanut Oats and Jaggery Balls are sweetened with jaggery. Jaggery has immense health benefits as it is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is a great immunity booster and blood purifier, as well as a natural cleanser that efficiently cleans the respiratory tract, lungs and food pipe and stomach!
Peanut, Oats, and Jaggery Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup shelled peanuts
- 1 cup oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups jaggery, crumbled
- A small pinch salt (avoid if using peanut butter)
- Take peanuts in a baking tray. Preheat oven to 300°F. Set timer for 15 minutes. Toast the peanuts till they begin to crackle and turn golden. Or, take peanuts in a thick bottom wok. Roast till they crackle and become golden. Keep stirring during the process of roasting. Take oats in a thick bottom wok. Roast on medium flame until they become slightly crisp and the color just begins to change. Let the oats cool.
- Take warm roasted nuts in a grinder and grind them to get a fine powder. Grind until the nuts begin to turn buttery. This will bind the balls well.
- Grind oats to a fine powder.
- Transfer ground nuts and oats to a deep bowl. Add salt. Mix well.
- Take crumbled jaggery and add to the mixture. Mix with hands. Break lumps of jaggery if any.
- Take a handful of mixture and shape into ball pressing the mixture tightly with your fingers. Use only one hand to shape laddu.
- In case if the mixture seems a bit dry, add more jaggery.
- Store in an airtight container.
Use the winter jaggery that comes in cakes/blocks and is unrefined, soft and pliable. Do not use jaggery powder. It will not bind the mixture.