Peanut Oats and Jaggery Balls are sweetened with jaggery. Jaggery has immense health benefits as it is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is a great immunity booster and blood purifier, as well as a natural cleanser that efficiently cleans the respiratory tract, lungs and food pipe and stomach!
Peanut, Oats, and Jaggery Balls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut, Oats, and Jaggery Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup shelled peanuts
- 1 cup oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups jaggery, crumbled
- A small pinch salt (avoid if using peanut butter)
How to Prepare Peanut, Oats, and Jaggery Balls [Vegan]
- Take peanuts in a baking tray. Preheat oven to 300°F. Set timer for 15 minutes. Toast the peanuts till they begin to crackle and turn golden. Or, take peanuts in a thick bottom wok. Roast till they crackle and become golden. Keep stirring during the process of roasting. Take oats in a thick bottom wok. Roast on medium flame until they become slightly crisp and the color just begins to change. Let the oats cool.
- Take warm roasted nuts in a grinder and grind them to get a fine powder. Grind until the nuts begin to turn buttery. This will bind the balls well.
- Grind oats to a fine powder.
- Transfer ground nuts and oats to a deep bowl. Add salt. Mix well.
- Take crumbled jaggery and add to the mixture. Mix with hands. Break lumps of jaggery if any.
- Take a handful of mixture and shape into ball pressing the mixture tightly with your fingers. Use only one hand to shape laddu.
- In case if the mixture seems a bit dry, add more jaggery.
- Store in an airtight container.
Use the winter jaggery that comes in cakes/blocks and is unrefined, soft and pliable. Do not use jaggery powder. It will not bind the mixture.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2155 | Total Carbs: 319g | Total Fat: 83g | Total Protein: 64g | Total Sodium: 29mg | Total Sugar: 7gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.