It's going DOWN with these bad boys. I know there are a lot of brownie recipes out there but C'MON, MAN. You can never have too many raw vegan love bites ... am I right? I actually don't have a whole lot to say about this recipe. I mean I think the title tells you everything you need to know: peanut butter. fudge. brownies. See?
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies [Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 cups Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- To make the base: grind the cashew and buckwheat into flour in a high speed blender. Transfer to a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Process until it all starts to stick together. If it's still too crumbly, add more dates or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or water. Press into the bottom of a 4X2 baking pan or whatever mold/shape you like.
- Once it sets a bit, spread on the peanut butter. If your PB is too thick, just whisk in 1 tablespoon of water.
- To make the top: stir together the ingredient until smooth. Pour on top of the peanut butter layer and let the whole thing chill in the fridge (pun intended) for a couple hours or ideally overnight so the flavors can get to know each other. Slice and nom!