A great dessert to celebrate any occasion big or small. Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream is vegan and sugar free!
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- About 2 heaped tablespoons natural, smooth peanut butter (preferably palm oil-free; use raw to make raw PB cups)
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons natural, smooth peanut butter (preferably palm oil-free; use raw to make raw ice cream)
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl suspended over a pot of boiling water (the bottom of the bowl must not touch the water).
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cacao and stevia until no lumps remain. Set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- Coat the bottom and sides of 5 silicone cupcake moulds. Freeze for about 5-10 minutes until set.
- Pour about a teaspoon of peanut butter into the cupcake moulds. This is the peanut butter centre of your peanut butter cups. Freeze for another 5-10 minutes until se
- Finish the peanut butter cups by covering the peanut butter centre with the remainder of the raw cacao sauce. Freeze again, until needed this time.
- Peel the bananas and chop them into small slices. Place in a freezer bag and freeze overnight.
- Blend the coconut milk and frozen banana slices (a little at a time) in a food processor. After about 3-5 minutes the bananas and coconut milk ought to look creamy, like soft serve ice cream.
- Pour the ice cream into an ice cream container. Swirl the peanut butter through it. Break the frozen peanut butter cups into small pieces and scatter them across the ice cream, incorporating them with a spoon.
- Freeze for an hour before serving, or until needed. If you are leaving the ice cream until later, you will need to defrost it for half an hour; using an ice cream scoop dipped in hot water also helps to form nice round scoops.