Perfectly fluffy, and moist blondies studded with soft chunks of apple, rich notes of peanut butter, and drizzled in creamy coconut-based caramel. These Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Blondies are comforting, warm, and oh so delicious.
Peanut Butter Caramel Apple Blondies [Vegan]
For the Blondies:
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
For the Coconut Caramel:
- One 15 ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper. To a large bowl, whisk together flaxseed meal and water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- To the same bowl, add peanut butter, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk until creamy. Add flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to combine until a thick batter forms. Fold in apple and pecans. Spread batter evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While blondies are baking, prepare the caramel sauce. To a small saucepan, add coconut milk and coconut sugar. Whisk until combined. Bring mixture to a low boil, then reduce to simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened and sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Take off heat and stir in flaky sea salt.
- Allow blondies to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 12 bars and drizzling with caramel sauce.
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile