These marmite peanut butter rolls are the cinnamon roll's savory cousin from down under. The fluffy light dough is filled with peanut butter and tangy marmite and then baked. They make a great breakfast or a quick snack you can grab while you're on the go.
Peanut Butter and Marmite Rolls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peanut Butter and Marmite Rolls [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds plus 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup almond milk, warmed to 110°F.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour or white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Olive oil (for brushing the tops of rolls)
For the Filling:
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon marmite
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
How to Prepare Peanut Butter and Marmite Rolls [Vegan]
- Mix ground flax seed and water in a small cup or bowl and set it aside and let mixture thicken for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon sugar and yeast in warmed milk, stir and let the mixture sit and 5-10 minutes.
- Add the flax, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, mix everything well.
- Combine the remaining sugar, flour, cardamom, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl and mix everything well.
- Make a hole in flour mixture and pour in yeast mixture, use a wooden spoon to mix until dough becomes wet. Knead dough in the bowl until it comes together roughly.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead the dough until it comes together completely, and becomes smooth and elastic. It is ready if it bounces back when you stick a finger in it
- Form dough into a smooth ball and place it in a lightly oiled large bowl; cover it and let dough rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Stir peanut butter, marmite, and the butter together. Beat them well to mix and add a little air to the mixture.
- One dough has risen, and turn it back on to dusted work surface and roll it into a rectangular shape about 1/4 inch thick. Spread filling evenly over dough surface.
- Starting from the long end, roll the dough up tightly. Use a sharp knife to slice dough into 8-10 equal rounds.
- Arrange the rolls on a parchment paper lined pan or baking sheet, placing them about 2-3 inches apart, cover them loosely with a towel and put in a warm place and let rolls rise for about 30-45 minutes. Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the rolls for 15-20 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Peanut Butter
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 3309 | Total Carbs: 399g | Total Fat: 155g | Total Protein: 78g | Total Sodium: 1259mg | Total Sugar: 92gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.