This vegan shells and cheese recipe uses an easy cauliflower sauce for maximum creaminess. You won’t even miss the dairy!
Pasta Shells With Cauliflower Cheese Sauce [Vegan]
- 4 cups pasta
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, chopped into smaller florets
- 2-4 cups water (enough to cover cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup of water saved from boiling cauliflower
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, boil cauliflower in a separate pot. Boil until fork tender. Drain and empty into a blender.
- Add nutritional yeast, tamari, sea salt, and water to the blender. Blend until very smooth. If necessary, add more water until the consistency is to your liking. It should be thick enough to coat the pasta.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir together to combine.