Papaya, lime, and coconut - a team made in heaven! So delicious, fresh, and a great way to start your day.
Papaya Lime and Coconut Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup diced ripe papaya, plus extra for mixing in and topping
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats
- unsweetened coconut for topping
- In a mason jar or container with a lid, mash 1/2 cup diced papaya (if it's ripe enough, it should mash easily with a fork).
- Mix with coconut milk, lime juice, chia seeds, and salt until combined.
- Mix in oats. Stir in another handful of bite-sized papaya pieces if desired.
- Cover and store in fridge overnight or for several hours.
- In the morning, top with more diced papaya, coconut, and a splash of coconut milk. This can be heated up but is probably best eaten cold. Top with fresh mint if ~you fancy~. Enjoy!