Hearty and satisfying, this Paella does not disappoint. The warm and aromatic spices will tantalize your tastebuds, and leave you feeling satisfied. You may want some more, but overall satisfied.
Spiced Wine Paella [Vegan]
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 carrots cut into thin slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- A little over 1 cup of risotto rice
- 2 1/2-ounces of dry white wine (to be replaced with vegetable stock if necessary)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional, 1/2 teaspoon of saffron)
- 16-ounces vegetable stock
- 3 1/2-ounces peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A wedge of lemon for decoration (optional)
- Dice the pepper , peel the onion and garlic and finely chop. The oil in a frying pan over medium heat onion, garlic, carrots and peppers sauté until translucent.
- Stir in the rice and deglaze with the white wine and simmer until the wine is overcooked.
- Add turmeric, stir in the stock and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and allow to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the paprika and chili and season again with salt and pepper. Finally, decorate with the lemon. This pairs well with a fresh baguette and aioli.