This Pad Thai Noodle salad has all the important elements of the traditional Pad Thai but without the fuss involved. Thai dishes have a wonderful balance of flavors — they are sweet, spicy, salty and tangy, all at the same time. Soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili sauce, and apple cider vinegar add some serious flavor punch to the dressing. Pad Thai usually has a meat based protein in it, but this vegan version has fried tofu instead.This Pad Thai noodle salad is great to serve at room temperature making it perfect to bring to a picnic or potluck or even in the lunchbox. Serve the salad over baby greens like spinach or watercress to add more color and nutrition to the dish.
Pad Thai Noodle Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 8 ounces Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 Large Carrot, shredded or grated
- 4-6 Small Radishes, grated
- 4-6 Green Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mung Bean Sprouts (optional)
- 1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 8 ounces Baked or fried Tofu
- 3 tablespoons Cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
For the Pad Thai Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ince piece Ginger, finely grated
- 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Sriracha or Sambal Oelek
- Salt Pepper, to taste
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. I boiled a large pot of water, turned off the heat and added the brown rice noodles while stirring to separate them. Set it aside for about 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender but firm. Drain well and add to a big mixing bowl.
- Add shredded carrot, radish, red pepper, green onions, tofu and mix well.
- Stir in the sauce and mix well to evenly distribute it with the noodles and veggies. Rest the salad for at least 30 minutes.
- Divide the spinach between serving plates, top with noodle salad, chopped cilantro, roasted peanuts and mung beans sprouts and serve. Enjoy!!