Get ready for your home to smell like a dream! A simple recipe that screams fall. This oven baked applesauce recipe is bursting with love!
Oven Baked Applesauce [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (approximately zest of ½ a lemon)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 red apples
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a Dutch oven add apple cider, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Peel, core, and cut apples into 8 thick chunks each.
- Place the apple chunks into the Dutch oven and stir in juice.
- Add the coconut sugar and apple pie spice and stir to coat apples.
- Dollop vegan butter substitute in small chunks on top of the apples.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Whisk apples to desired consistency.
Wonderful served warm!