These are one of the best and easiest vegan cookies to make. Besides being grain-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, they are packed with proteins and healthy fats from almond flour and are full of cardamom orange flavor.
Orange Cardamom Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Orange Cardamom Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
How to Prepare Orange Cardamom Cookies [Vegan]
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Mix the almond flour, orange zest, lemon zest, cardamom, and baking soda together in a bowl.
4. Next add the avocado oil or coconut oil and maple syrup and mix together until a dough forms. (you can also use a mixer for this if you prefer).
5. Using your hands, form a ball with the dough.
6. Wrap in some parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
7. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until it is about 1cm thick.
8. Use a round cookie cutter to cut the cookies.
9. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
10. Take out of the oven and let cool.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.