When you come home late, you probably want a healthy dinner that you can make quickly and will require minimal dishwashing. This One-Pot Quinoa recipe is the solution. It is super-fast, easy, and nutritionally balanced!
One Pot Quinoa Dish [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for One Pot Quinoa Dish [Vegan]
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5.3 ounces of quinoa
- 2 strips of pepper (green or red)
- 8.8 ounces of cooked red beans
- 1 cup of sliced broccoli
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 13.5 ounces of water or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt to taste
- ground pepper
- chopped parsley
How to Prepare One Pot Quinoa Dish [Vegan]
- Wash the quinoa very well in a fine mesh sieve, under running water, and rubbing it between your fingers. Reserve.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chopped garlic and the chopped onion in the oil for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add quinoa, chopped tomatoes, baked beans, broccoli, and spices. Add the water or the vegetable broth and cook covered for 20 to 30 minutes until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- Check if you need more salt or pepper.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice and garnish with chopped parsley. Stir everything with a fork to release the quinoa.
- Serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.