This Chocolate cake recipe is a simple + basic chocolate cake. It is moist, delicate, and chocolatey. It pairs well with vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, or salted maple peanut buttercream. Or a combination of the three!
One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with liners, or just grease the tin- whichever you prefer.
- Combine sugar, plant milk, canola oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and espresso powder in a large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- Place a sifter on top of the liquids bowl, being sure to not dip the sifter into the liquid, and sift in the cocoa powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Now add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda into the sifter and sift into the bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Portion batter into the lined or greased cupcake tin. Fill each liner about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the middle cupcakes comes out clean. Mine were perfect in 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely before decorating!
This pairs well with vanilla buttercream, chocolate buttercream, or salted maple peanut buttercream.