During the fall and winter seasons, all you want is a warming, spiced meal to keep you cozy. This soup combines the warmth of pumpkin soup with curry spices that make the meal even more comforting. We can't think of a better seasonal dish! Plus it is oil-free, vegan, nut-free, soy-free, grain-free, AND refined sugar-free.
Oil-Free Pumpkin Curry Soup [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 15-ounce cans pumpkin purée
- 2 13.5-ounce cans full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water and 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, blended with 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- In a medium pot, heat 1/2 cup water, garlic, and onion until water cooks off.
- Pour in remaining 2 cups water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped carrots and 1/4 cup water to the blender and blend carrots until nice and creamy like applesauce.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk, and blended carrots and mix thoroughly until nice and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for 15 minutes.