Everyone knows that pesto is great on pasta or pizza, but most people probably haven’t tried it on cauliflower and potatoes. That is quite a shame though because it is so delicious and easy to make. All you have to do is cut up your potatoes and cauliflower, put them in the oven for 45 minutes, and throw all of your basil pesto ingredients in a blender and you are done. It doesn’t get much more simple than that for such a delicious meal.
Oil-Free Pesto Cauliflower and Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- About 4 tablespoons of water, to thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the cauliflower and potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for 45 minutes.
- When the cauliflower and potatoes are finished cooking, toast the pine nuts in a pan on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Blend the pine nuts, basil, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, water, salt, and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
- Place the cauliflower and potatoes in a bowl and coat with the pesto sauce.