What could be more summery than grill cupcakes?! Absolutely nothing.
Off The Grill Cupcakes With Gummy Kebabs [Vegan]
- 12 cupcakes with flat frosting, I recommend this recipe, but you can use your favorite.
- 1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips, melted
- piping bag with twisty tie
- parchment or wax paper
- a variety of vegan gummies, cubes of vegan "Jell-O" or dried fruit
- Heat a small pot of water over the stove for 8 minutes (medium heat). When it's done remove it from the heat. Place your chocolate chips in the piping bag and, using a twisty tie, close the large end of the bag. Place it in the water for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate chips are melted.
- In the mean time, cut a piece of parchment paper. You can also start to "string" your gummy kebabs. It looks better to alternate colors and textures.
- When you're ready to pipe your "grills", snip off the small end of the piping bag with a pair of scissors. Practice making cupcake-sized circles. Remember to make extra ones too, as some may break or not fit well. Once the circles are made, add four to five grill lines to each circle.
- Once you've piped all your chocolate (or run out of room), place the sheet of chocolate in the freezer until it hardens.
- While your chocolate grill tops are hardening, prepare your cupcakes, making sure to let them cool entirely before frosting and decorating.
- Assembly: gently pick up your chocolate grills from the parchment and place them on each cupcake. Add your own gummy kebabs to the grills. It's a great recipe to flex your creativity!
You can buy vegan gummies online or you can also make vegan "Jell-O" (found online or in larger health food stores) and cut it into cubes.