This Oat Quinoa Flake Granola with Winter Fruit is absolutely incredible! It is so simple yet extremely flavorful. The combination of macadamia nut oil and hazelnut extract creates its own unique flavor profile. The pomegranate seeds, kumquats and kiwi add a subtle sourness that complements the sweetness of the granola.
Oat Quinoa Flake Granola with Winter Fruit [Vegan]
For the Granola:
- 3 Cups Oats - toasted
- 2 Cups Quinoa Flakes - can sub oats
- 1/2 Cup Macadamia Nut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Hazelnut Extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
For the Fruit:
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toast the oats in a large skillet until they become hot and fragrant. Cook for about 15 minutes while stirring.
- Mix the oil, syrup, and extract in a medium bowl.
- Mix together the oats, quinoa flakes, chia and salt in a large bowl and then stir in the liquid. Use a spatula to scrape every last drop of liquid off the bowl.
- Spread out evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes, stir, bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let cool competently.
- Serve with your favorite milk or eat it as is.
Feel free to swap out the fruit for example, blood oranges, berries, pears, bananas, peaches or plums. You can replace 1 cup of flakes with nuts or coconut flakes.