Please for the love of all that is holy, make this burger. It is ABSOLUTE MAGIC. And… and… and… the best part? It sticks together and doesn't crumble! That alone makes it a top contender. Warning: this burger will need no condiments because the flavor burst is like whoa. I mean, sure… add them if you want. Just sayin’, though.
Nuts, Seeds, and Stuff Burger [Vegan]
- 1/2 – 1 cup wild black rice, cooked according to package
- 1 large baked sweet potato
- 1/2 block tofu (or about 1 cup crumbled)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for 10 min
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tbs fresh rosemary
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- First, cook rice according to package and bake your sweet potato.
- While rice and potato are in the works, add tofu, sun-dried tomatoes, sunflower seeds, walnuts, basil leaves, and rosemary to food processor. Blend until well combined. Chunks from the nuts and seeds are okay – good for texture!
- Add mix to a bowl, dumping in your wild rice and the inside of your sweet potato.
- Sprinkle in ground flaxseed, salt, and pepper – using your hands, combine all three parts. The mix should be pretty sticky (and stick together well), so if it isn’t, just sprinkle in more flaxseed.
- Using your hands, make patties and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Grill as you would and store any leftovers in the freezer – they keep well in a tight ziplock bag.
Don’t be afraid to toss in extra nuts and seeds if you like the crunchiness, too.