Recipes like this sure do help fight off those winter blues. It’s a mixture of hazelnut, coffee, and cocoa, and because that’s just not enough, it’s topped with a spoonful of silky chocolate hazelnut spread!
‘Nutella’ Latte Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick-cook steel cut oats
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- heaping 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (make sure it's vegan!)
- Bring liquid to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium.
- Mash up banana well and add to the oatmeal. Stir.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add cocoa powder, coffee granules, hazelnut extract, and salt. Stir.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with chocolate hazelnut butter and serve with another splash of your milk of choice, along with any other additional toppings (chocolate chips, hazelnuts, etc.).
You can also make this with rolled or quick oats by increasing the liquid to 1 cup and the oats to 1/2 cup.